Bright and funny budgies are clearly the leaders in the ranking of poultry. Before you get such a pet, you need to study the issue of its proper nutrition. Not only the health and appearance of the feathered pet will depend on this, but also the duration of its life. From our article you will get basic information about how and how often to feed a budgie so that it is always cheerful, alert and active.
How to feed a budgie?
Carefully inspect purchased food before offering it to your pet. It should not have mold, debris or unpleasant odors. It is best to choose grain mixtures in sealed packages: their quality is usually quite high.
In addition to dry food, it is necessary to introduce fresh food into the poultry diet:
- greens (clover, plantain, dandelions, wheat grass, succession, etc.);
- vegetables (pumpkin, zucchini, squash, carrots, bell peppers, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.);
- fruits without peels and berries (bananas, apples, melon, peaches, pomegranates, cherries, strawberries, mountain ash, etc.);
- hard-boiled eggs (they can be mixed with semolina and bread crumbs);
- loose cottage cheese (adding semolina will help to achieve friability).
How to feed a budgie?
Many owners of feathered pets are interested in the question: how many times a day to feed the budgerigar and how? In practice, there are no difficulties with this. Every day, the bird needs about two teaspoons of grain feed.
It is better to put food in the feeder at the beginning of the day, and the budgie will decide when he wants to eat. During the day, the pet can and should be treated to various delicacies (vegetables, fruits, berries, cottage cheese, etc.), while observing the measure.
There are some rules related to feeding birds, which must be followed:
- Throw out half-eaten food before loading fresh food.
- do not offer too much food – observe the daily norm;
- if the bird doesn’t eat grain food well, consider replacing it with another one of a higher quality;
- do not feed the parrot foods that are poorly digested and can cause serious health problems (sweets, herbs, exotic fruits, nuts, eggplant, potatoes, onions, radishes, radishes, etc.).
Thanks to the proper organization of food, the budgerigar will delight you with its vivacity, excellent health and cheerful twitter for many years!