- Only the best for your pets
- Cereal crops
- Special feed
- Essential Supplements
- Do I need water
Only the best for your pets
Budgerigars are considered quite active birds, which easily get used to new living conditions. In order for them to fully develop and avoid various diseases, proper nutrition is required. Owners of these pets should know what should be included in their diet and what needs to be completely eliminated.
Parrot eats grain
Cereals are the main foundation for the nutrition of budgies, it provides:
- carbohydrate supply;
- gives energy;
- provides vitamins;
- saturates with minerals.
Cereals that should be included in the nutrition of such birds include:
- oats, especially sowing;
- canary seed;
- flax and sunflower (seeds);
- hemp grains.
The main thing is that daily nutrition consisted of several types of grains (five to six).
Note: many veterinarians say that rape is not suitable for all individuals. If pet owners began to notice a change in the behavior of the bird, in particular the appearance of lethargy, then urgently should switch to a different type of food.
An adult budgerigar needs at least 10-12 grams per day (these are approximately two teaspoons). If the bird is with a good appetite, it can often eat much more.
You can offer your pet a simple porridge, for example, wheat. It needs to be steamed (30 minutes is enough) or simmer for 10-12 minutes. Giving no more than 1.5 – 2 teaspoons and no more than 2 times a week.
Every day a budgie, for its growth and proper metabolism, you need to eat vegetables, and they should be:
- fresh, ideal directly from the garden;
- without flaws, for example, if in some places on the vegetables there are dark spots everything needs to be cut;
- without seeds or seeds.
Parrot eats vegetables
Allowed vegetables include:
- beans (green);
- cabbage, mainly cauliflower;
- Bell pepper;
- green pea;
There are certain recommendations for feeding parrots to vegetables:
- give preference to seasonal vegetables;
- offer them in the afternoon. Note: in the morning you should definitely feed cereals.
- cut into small cubes before serving.
Every feathered owner should be aware that some vegetables are banned, otherwise there may be problems with digestion and overall health.
- potatoes, even young and from their beds;
In practice, it happens that a parrot prefers some one or more vegetables. With this option, you should not try to insist on the use of all other types, for full development it is not necessary to offer him everything at once.
The primary source of vitamins is fruits. You need to give them every day, but in small quantities.
Two parrots eating fruits
Basic list of allowed fruits:
- apples, especially green ones;
- pears. Note: giving the core of the pear is contraindicated.
Tip: apples are allowed to be fed at any time of the year, and the remaining fruits should be seasonal.
You can’t feed a bird:
- pomegranate, especially if there are problems with the liver;
With extreme caution refers to bananas, as they affect the rapid gain in body weight.
Tip: it is better not to give a variety of exotic fruits, as the risk that they were chemically treated during transportation or storage is quite large.
When feeding, you need to know the key rules:
- Rinse everything thoroughly, preferably in boiled water;
- cut the peel;
- remove all available films;
- get rid of any seeds and seeds;
- if the product is in the cage for more than 3 hours, then replace it.
Many birds refuse fruits or rarely eat them. In this case, it is worth accustoming the parrot to this type of food.
You can do this as follows:
Tip: many go to the trick, cling pieces of fruit to their favorite toys. It was noted that many budgerigars are more fond of mashed fruits, as well as freshly squeezed juices.
It is allowed to include greens in small amounts in the diet, but only exclusively fresh.
These primarily include:
- strawberry leaves;
- blooming Sally;
- willow leaves;
- field marsh.
The main types of greenery prohibited for such birds include:
Before you offer your bird any grass, it should be washed and finely chopped.
The most popular feeds are:
2. "Vitapol" – is a complete feed, which contains cereals, fruits, herbs, vitamins.
The price for 1 kilogram is about 220 rubles.
3. "Premium Budgies" refers to a high-grain mixture, which contains the necessary minerals, vitamins, herbs, and more. In addition, manufacturers add oyster shells, which help the gastrointestinal tract. Cost on average from 350 rubles per 1 kg
4. "Rio" – rich in crops and minerals. Well suited, according to manufacturers, even very young individuals.
The price is approximately 140 rubles per 1 kg
5. "Flory", in its composition different types of seeds, herbs, as well as added goodies that all birds love. The cost varies from 310 rubles per 400 grams.
You need to choose food very seriously so that the parrot will not only like it, but also benefit your health.
Each budgerigar needs various kinds of supplements to maintain health. These include:
- vitamins H, B1, C, K and others;
- organic acids;
- trace elements and more.
As a rule, they are all part of the feed in the amount recommended for this type of bird.
Do I need water
Every budgie should drink water, only it should be:
A drinking bowl with water is not removed from the cage, the bird decides when to drink it and in what quantity. It is necessary to change the water at least 2 times a day, as well as if necessary, for example, if grains, feathers and other foreign objects accidentally got there.
You need to carefully monitor the correct diet of the budgerigar, only in this case it can develop properly, and health problems will be minimized.